The definition of innovative thinking is the ability to come up with new ideas and novel approaches to problems.
Innovative thinking is actually creative problem solving, and it’s a skill that you can develop and use at work – no matter what your role is.
Innovative Thinking Association applies the following 6 methods to develop Innovative Thinking Skills. These are:
- Encourage Team Members to Come Up with Solo Ideas
- Always Look for Ways to Get Better
- Learn from Other Departments, Companies, or Industries
- Get Specific About the Problems Your Partners Face
- Be Intentional About Designing a Creative Work Environment
- Build a Diverse Team
Successful innovation requires more than just inventive brainstorming. It demands systematic thinking and a box filled with tools and techniques. To create new product opportunities with strategic intent, try a proven, step-by-step approach to innovation.
- Clarifying the challenge
- Formulating the questions
- Generating the ideas
- Analyzing and synthesizing ideas
- Developing concepts
- Testing and selecting concepts
- Communicating and advancing